Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book binding class was fun!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YDLqzir7jCQ/RkyONTIBjzI/AAAAAAAAAuE/b_mz5QrIKnM/s320/07-0428_cbas_study%2Bgroup_29_e100.jpg

The Coptic stitch book binding class was so much fun! I didn't take a single picture (genius) so I can't show you the fun we had. Not to fret, friends. I have already begun typing the steps for book making and, as soon as I take some pictures of each step, I will post a tutorial here.

 ((There are several great YouTube videos on the subject if you get antsy while waiting.))

 My tutorial will be broken down into steps the way the class was last night. It made it very easy for our large group of folks from various crafty-skill levels to understand and follow.

I cannot wait to share this with you guys. These little books make sweet little gifts. I treasure the one I received years ago from my best friend. She covered the mat board with a sweet vintage cloth. I adore it so much, I find it hard to fill up the pages. :-)  I have been known to keep my notebooks pristine and refer to them as "my preeeeeeecious" while making my notes on the back of receipts and phone book covers. With this new skill, I can make some ordinary ol' books for writing and some special ones to feed my book hoarding obsession. :-)

Are you excited yet? You should be! Be back soon with the pics and tutorial!!

http://www.tortagialla.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/20100816chainstitchbooktutorial09.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment